If you are a DUI Attorney in Palm Desert, your website should at least be on the first page of a Google, Yahoo, and Bing when a potential client searches: “DUI Attorney Palm Desert” and “Palm Desert DUI Attorney”. These are the basic results of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is the best way to be seen by potential clients when they need you.
But how does SEO work, and how can you get the best results without investing a huge amount of precious time?
Read on for our top 9 tips on boosting SEO for law firms.
1. Step one is picking good keywords – words and phrases people might use when they’re searching for a firm like yours. For example, if your firm expunges criminal records you could think about terms around that topic – such as “how to expunge your record”, “expungement forms” or “expungement lawyers”.
2. Use a tool like Wordtracker to work out how popular those terms are and how much competition there is. Popular terms with low competition will give you the best return.
3. Link-building is really important for boosting your SEO. Links to your website from quality, trusted websites count towards your search engine rankings. To get more links, contribute to online forums (using a link in your signature), ask complementary sites to link to you, and do some good old-fashioned marketing to encourage people to write about (and link to) your firm.
4. Make sure your firm’s website structure is easy for search engines to understand. As a general rule, if it’s easy for a visitor to find their way around, with logical navigation, it’ll also be clear to the search engines.
5. The way the content on your site is organized should also be intuitive. Put all the key information (such as your key people and contact information) no more than a click or two from the home page – don’t bury it away in complex menus or downloadable pdfs.
6. Keep measuring how your SEO is doing – a web analytics tool like Google Analytics (which is free) can help you work out what’s working and what isn’t, so you can focus your efforts better.
7. Don’t expect instant results – SEO can take time to bed in properly. You can try other marketing methods to drive people to your website in the meantime, like paid search ads or promotions.
8. Consider outsourcing your SEO to a reputable web marketing expert, especially if you don’t have the skills in-house. This might be the firm who built your website or a separate specialist.
9. Even if you do have someone in-house who takes care of your website and marketing, it’s still well worth using consultants to check your SEO at regular intervals, and make recommendations – search engine algorithms and best practice are updated all the time.
For even more tips on SEO, contact us for a free evaluation.